5. Rear Flyes:
Rear flyes are just like dumbbell side raises, except you do them bent forward at the waist and the movement is towards your back instead. This exercise is the best one at isolating the rear deltoid muscle.
- To begin, lean forward with the chest and stomach pulled in. Have the dumbbells in each hand with the palms facing each other (neutral grip).
- Extend the arms in front of you so that they are perpendicular to your angle. The legs should be stationary while applying pressure with the ball of your toes.
- Maintaining the slight bend of the elbows, move the weights out and away from each other (to the side) in an arc motion while exhaling.
- The arms should be elevated until they are parallel to the floor.
- Feel the contraction and slowly lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.