This, by far, is one of the most troublesome areas of training. Don’t know where to start? What equipment to use? What to do? The following plan lays it all out for you with minimal equipment AND time.
Let’s first set up a time and place. Before starting any training program take a few things under consideration.
- Plan a time. If the afternoon is not an option, wake up earlier and perform your workout in the morning.
- Your workout area should be a large space free of clutter.
- Put away all distractions. Keep all electronic devices in another room and out of reach – cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc. Keep your focus and use your time efficiently.
- If training first thing in the morning, hydrate. Drink at least eight ounces of water upon rising and eat breakfast after your workout.
- Take a few minutes to review your workout and goals and familiarize yourself with what lies ahead.
Now that you have a schedule and space, let’s get a quick list of equipment needed for your new venture. All the equipment listed is inexpensive and very mobile. Easy to set up and use, it can all be easily stored away after use as well. No expensive membership required!
- A chair or bench
- A pair of dumbbells (medium weight relative to your strength)
- Strength bands of various tensions
- Pull-up bar