5. Monkey Lunge
- Step to your left and lower your body into a lateral lunge, placing both hands on the floor.
- Without moving your feet, lift your hands and hips and shift your weight over your right foot, so you end up in a right-side lunge.
- Alternate back and forth for 30 to 60 seconds.
- To really kick up the burn, turn this movement into a monkey shuffle by simultaneously loading your hands, lifting your hips and shuffling your feet side-to-side between right and left lunge positions.
6. Kick Through
- Start in a bent-knee push-up position with your palms underneath your shoulders and knees bent at 90-degrees.
- Kick your right leg in front of you and assume a one-arm, one-leg hip bridge.
- Hold for one count, then reverse the movement and repeat on the other side.
- Move at a slower, more-controlled pace if it’s difficult, or even try a modified version called “sit-throughs,” where you sit on the outside of your hip as you move to each side.