1. Isometric Towel Row
- Start with your left leg forward and your right leg back.
- Place your left foot onto one end of a towel and grab the other end in your right hand.
- Pull the towel as hard as you can without holding your breath.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds, then switch sides and repeat.
- If you can’t maintain the hold continuously, break it up into shorter five- to 10-second bursts with brief one- or two-second rests in between.
2. Frog Push-Up
- Start in a high plank with your hands underneath your shoulders.
- Jump your feet outside your hands and drop into a deep squat position, pushing your knees out and keeping your feels flat on the floor while prying your chest open with your hands.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
- For an added challenge, try moving both forward and backward.