1. Reverse Lunges into Dumbbell Curl & Shoulder Press
- Begin with your feet together, standing tall and holding dumbbells at your sides.
- Step backward into a lunge while keeping your arms at your sides and lightly tap your back knee on the ground.
- From this position, step your back leg up to meet the front.
- When your feet are back together, curl the dumbbells up, twist your wrists so your palms face away from you, then raise the dumbbells overhead.
- Perform the reverse motions back to the starting position.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
Why are these so great?
Because there is no excessive impact on your joints, performing this move at high repetitions will elevate your heart rate and strengthen both your lower and upper body. They’ll work on your balance as well as your leg, arm and shoulder strength to burn calories quickly, plus giving you a total body workout.